The editor of a local newspaper sent the following memo to the managing editor of the paper Three years ago when we surveyed our subscribers they complained about the quality of the reporting and writing in the paper Since that time we have made a concert

The editor of a local newspaper sent the following memo to the managing editor of the paper:
“Three years ago when we surveyed our subscribers, they complained about the quality of the reporting and writing in the paper. Since that time, we have made a concerted effort to hire older, more experienced journalists. According to our most recent survey, these changes have made a vast improvement. Not only has our subscriber base grown by 13%, but they also rated us higher on both reporting and writing. Therefore, it is evident that to continue to increase our readership, we should hire the most experienced journalists we can find, and gradually fire our younger, less experienced reporters."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The memo sent by the editor to the managing editor of a local newspaper concludes that the newspaper should be hiring most experienced journalist that they can find and gradually fire the younger less experienced ones in order to increase the readership of the newspaper. The editor here bases his conclusion on two surveys that were conducted three years apart which showed him remarkable difference in opinion by the readers of that newspaper but have overlooked many flaws that undermine his statement.

Firstly, the surveys that were conducted by the local newspaper were conducted three years apart and the increase in the subscribers was shown as a percentage of the former but there is no mention about the total population of the city or province where the paper is run. Therefore, it could have been that due to the increase in the population on the whole the subscribers have also increased and not due their effort to hire older, experienced journalists. It is also important to note that there is no mention of any other local newspaper which could have hindered the sale of this newspaper had there been an increase in the population.

Another assumption on which the conclusion of the editor is based is that it is because of the more experienced journalists that there had been increase in the number of readers. There is no clear mention in any survey that the increase in readership is due to the improvement in their reporting and writing in the paper which could be attributed to the experienced journalists but not the increase in the overall subscribers which may have occurred due to other policies of the newspaper that may have been overlooked.

One more assumption that clicks the nervous system is that both surveys were strictly done under complete statistical conditions for the editor to rely upon them which is highly improbable.

From all the above assumptions I can tell that the conclusion of the editor that if they hire more experienced journalists and fire the younger less experienced ones their sale would increase is truly hypothetical and impractical on part of the editor.

Sentence: Therefore, it could have been that due to the increase in the population on the whole the subscribers have also increased and not due their effort to hire older, experienced journalists.
Description: The tag an adjective is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to whole and the

Sentence: The memo sent by the editor to the managing editor of a local newspaper concludes that the newspaper should be hiring most experienced journalist that they can find and gradually fire the younger less experienced ones in order to increase the readership of the newspaper.
Error: readership Suggestion: No alternate word