The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulties in obtaining reliable supplies of high quality wool fabric, we discontinued productio

The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing.

"Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulties in obtaining reliable supplies of high quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of our alpaca overcoat. Now that we have a new fabric supplier, we should resume production. This coat should sell very well: since we have not offered an alpaca overcoat for five years and since our major competitor no longer makes an alpaca overcoat, there will be pent-up customer demand. Also, since the price of most types of clothing has increased in each of the past five years, customers should be willing to pay significantly higher prices for alpaca overcoats than they did five years ago, and our company profits will increase."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

According to state of the new vice president of Sartorian where men`s clothing is manufactured, company should restart producing alpaca overcoat which apperantly was famous five years ago when company decided cease producing it. His conclusion of good beneficiary for company because of no competitor is somehow unreliable due to many factors that he didn`t takes into account.

Fist of all, regarding to his claim, because of difficulty to find reliable supplies of high quality wool fabric, they stopped production of alpaca overcoat. Now they find a fabric supplier. So they should commence production. considering his suggestion, he assumed that this new supplier is reliable, but not such information about this new supplier is not given. Maybe the quality of new fabric is not good which was the main reason of ceasing at the fist place. If this is unwarranted, it wouldn`t be such a good suggestion to utilize that fabric and so persuading company to restart producing. also , he is a new vice president, so in that case, a careful investigation should be done by him to shows why they stopped producing, maybe quality was not the main reason.

Secondly, considering hypothetically that fabric is good, again no evidence exist that company still has instruments needed to produce overcoat. Maybe they have been sold or even discarded. he assumed they can start again but the real question is, does the company have ability to make overcoat now?

Finally, there was a great demand for alpaca five years ago, he supposed that after five years there is still a good demand which brings profit to company! but a survey should be done to show that if people still want overcoat or not. The fact that none of their compatitors offer a comparable product is questionable. why they can not offer such a cloth in comparable price? beside he did not calculate how much this coat costs for a consumer. First the price must be clear then a comparsion with other companies.

To sum up, this new vice president offer an action that based on what had been said is not a good one! he did not accurately consider all aspects of the problem. not enough evidence has been brought to stimulate the company tendency. if i was the president, i would not be agree to take such a risk. with no comprehensive reasoning, majority of questions have not been answered and problems have not been detected too. so i think his anticipation is not correct and logical and need to be revised.

Sentence: According to state of the new vice president of Sartorian where mens clothing is manufactured, company should restart producing alpaca overcoat which apperantly was famous five years ago when company decided cease producing it.
Error: apperantly Suggestion: apparently

Sentence: The fact that none of their compatitors offer a comparable product is questionable. why they can not offer such a cloth in comparable price? beside he did not calculate how much this coat costs for a consumer.
Error: compatitors Suggestion: competitors

Sentence: First the price must be clear then a comparsion with other companies.
Error: comparsion Suggestion: compassion

argument 2 -- NOT OK. Do not guess.