The following appeared in a memorandum from the president of Hyper-Go Toy Company. "Last year, sales of our Fierce Fighter toy airplane declined sharply, even though the toy had been a top seller for three years. Our customer surveys show that parents ar

The following appeared in a memorandum from the president of Hyper-Go Toy Company.

"Last year, sales of our Fierce Fighter toy airplane declined sharply, even though the toy had been a top seller for three years. Our customer surveys show that parents are now more worried about youthful violence and are concerned about better education for their children. Therefore, to maintain profits we should discontinue all our action toys and focus exclusively on a new line of educational toys. Several other toy companies have already begun marketing educational toys and report sales increases last year of 200 percent. And since the average family income is growing, sales of new Hyper-Go toys should also increase." - GRE Argument 104

In this memo the president of Hyper-Go Toy Company (HG) argues that in order to maintain profitability the company should discontinue its complete line of action toys and focus exclusively on a new line of educational toys. To support this argument the president cites the dramatic decline in sales of HG's Fierce Fighter (FF) toy airplane, which during the previous three years had been a top seller, and an HG customer survey indicating increasing concern among parents about youth violence and for improving their children's education. The president also points out that several other toy compa...