The following editorial appeared in the Broomall County Times-Picayune:"The Gordon Act, which established a wildlife refuge in the Big Dark Swamp, is currently up for reauthorization. The act prohibits the building of roads or cutting of old growth trees

The following editorial appeared in the Broomall County Times-Picayune:
"The Gordon Act, which established a wildlife refuge in the Big Dark Swamp, is currently up for reauthorization. The act prohibits the building of roads or cutting of old growth trees in the swamp, though it permits hunting. Many blamed logging activities for the decline of the bird population, especially that of the dappled grackle. The grackle population has continued to decline since the passage of the law, demonstrating that the Gordon Act has not been sufficient to protect the species. Another nearby refuge, the Wayne County Marsh Habitat, bans all mining, logging, and hunting. Wayne County officials have not reported a decline in the grackle population there. This proves that hunting, not logging, was responsible for the population drop in Broomall County. Thus, Broomall County should not reauthorize the Gordon Act unless it is amended to include the same provisions as those in Wayne County."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The editorial basically presents the provisions of the Gordon Act, which was passed to bring in improvements in the bird population of Broomall County.This act permits hunting, unlike bans on any such activity in the the neighbouring Wayne County. Many feel that it is specifically this provision of the Gordon Act that has resulted in a decline in Broomall county's bird population, in contrast with no such decrease in Wayne County. The editorial, though making a good point, is replete with errors in judgement.

First of all, before such a drastic amendment to the Gordon act, one needs to cons...

Sentence: The editorial basically presents the provisions of the Gordon Act, which was passed to bring in improvements in the bird population of Broomall County.This act permits hunting, unlike bans on any such activity in the the neighbouring Wayne County.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: This may mean jsust a shift in the number of birds from one region to a neighbouring region, and not actual decline in population, that the author of this editorial wrongly states as a failure of the authorities to 'protect the species'.
Error: jsust Suggestion: just