The following is a memo from the superintendent of the Mylar school district. "A recent six-month study, in which breakfast was made available at school for 100 schoolchildren ages five to twelve, found that children on the breakfast plan were less likely

The following is a memo from the superintendent of the Mylar school district.

"A recent six-month study, in which breakfast was made available at school for 100 schoolchildren ages five to twelve, found that children on the breakfast plan were less likely than other children to be absent from or late for school. Clearly, eating breakfast before school plays a role in reducing student absenteeism and tardiness. It is also well known that children who regularly eat a healthful breakfast tend to perform better in school. Therefore, in order to reduce absenteeism and tardiness and to improve academic performance in all of Mylar's elementary and secondary schools, we should provide breakfasts for all students before each school day." - GRE Argument 26

In this memo the superintendent of the Mylar school district concludes that by providing breakfast to all its students the district would reduce tardiness and absenteeism as well as improve the overall academic performance of its students. To support this conclusion the superintendent points out that during a 6-month trial program involving 100 students ranging in age from 5 to 12, these students were less likely to be tardy or absent than other students. The superintendent also cites the well-known fact that eating healthful breakfasts on a regular basis improves academic performance. The s...

Sentence: Finally, to better evaluate the daim that the program would improve academic performance I would need more information about the healthfulness of the breakfasts provided under the proposed program.
Error: daim Suggestion:claim