Essay topics: 'The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
“Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station’s coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level.”
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence would be needed in order to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.
One of the business manager of a television station claimed that since last year their late night new program has devoted increased time to national news and less time for weather and local news. And also during that time period, most of complaints concerned about their weather and local news coverage. Moreover, one of their late-night news advertising contract has just cancelled. To gain more customer and advertising revenues, the author claimed that they should restore their time to weather and local news like its former level. However, we need specific evidence to evaluate his assumptions to streghten the argument.
First of all, the argument adresses only last year, but they did not give an exact time when they made this change . According to the exact time we can find out why advertising company pull back their advertise from the late-night program. It may related with time, or maybe there is money issue between station and company. Furthermore, they may want day time programs also, or maybe there is any other channel they found to invest which is price lower that what they offered. He should find the ways, why advertising company cancel their program, before take an action.
Moreover, he only claimed that late-night news, however this word is not enough for us to understand what he mentioned; local news or national news. Maybe in the flow of the program there is also local news, but still advertising companies want to cancel it. Maybe their cancellation reason is completely unrelated with any news, maybe they don't like the program itself. Maybe late-night news programs' producer was changed, maybe people don't like the new program. There are a lot of vague assumptions that the manager has to find out.
Additionally, we also need an information why there are complaints about local news and weather channel. He only gave us specific program of the television station, but he wants to convince momerandum with this lack of information, How can we derive that the only one changing in one of their program would affect all of their news flows. His assumptions are far from clear.
In conclusion, he needs to find what is the exact reason for customers why they stop watching late-news program, maybe they want to watch local news and weather news on day time instead of late-night news. And also to find out the why the advertising company cancel their contracts, he needs to check is there any other television station for local news, if yes how is their price option. Therefore, he needs to investigate more information before deciding.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 days 19 hours ago||batvssuperwonders||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 15 hours ago||bigdonnychris||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 5 days ago||bharti.sharma2792||50||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||lisamgreen||58||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||cooper123||58||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 day ago||varunkumar161||50||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 week ago||Mariezy||70||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 week ago||Mariezy||75||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||jbphillips1||62||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 weeks ago||Jeet Pujara||58||Read full essay|
- The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is essential to the survival of the 300 bird species that live in our area. Although only a small percentage of the land (83.33329999999999)
- An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor’s record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat that medical condition. (82)
- "Many lives might be saved if inoculations against cow flu were routinely administered to all people in areas where the disease is detected. However, since there is a small possibility that the person will die as a result of the inoculations, we cannot pe (70)
- All too often companies hire outside consultants to suggest ways for the company to operate more efficiently. If companies were to spend more time listening to their own employees, such consultants would be unnecessary. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statemnt?People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment—doing things they like to do—rather than doing things they should do. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In twenty years, there will be fewer cars are in use than there are today. (83.33329999999999)
- Some people pursue career paths that lead to management positions. Other people follow career paths leading to positions of individual responsibility, which do not involve managing others.Which career path are you more likely to follow? (85)
- Our past experiences shape the way we look at people and the world around us. What are some of the experiences that have shaped your outlook and the way you live now? Use specific examples to support your answer. (56.6667)
- Distance learning and online computer classes should replace classroom learning. (90)
- It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.Do you agree or disagree? (92.5)