The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore,we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level.

In the memo, the business manager argues that in order to attract more viewers to their news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues,they should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level and he cites some evidence to supporting it. However, a closer analysis will appear otherwise, thus, the manager needs to cite more specific evidence to make the argument more sound.

First, the manager needs to clarify the number of the people who would like to want television during late-night. The specific evidence will decide whether the argument will be eliminated or bolster. If there are only a few people will want to watch television station, even though the station restores the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level, the effect will be little. In addition, maybe there are only a few viewer complain of the station's coverage of weather and local news. Thus, without changing the time that play the news, the station may cannot attract more views.

Second, the manage need to clarify what is the nature of the complaint from the viewers. They concerned with their station's coverage of weather and local news, but we continue don not know what is their real want. Without the specific evidence, it is entire likely that instead of wanting more coverage of weather and local news, they prefer the opposite that contains fewer. Because they may have watched weather and local news in the day. Thus, in the late night, they only want to learn some national news without the news they have already knew.

Thirdly, it is necessary for us to know the reason of these local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with the station. This evidence, again, can go either director. If the reason is indeed due to the increasing time to national news and less time to weather and local news which occupy the time of playing ads, then solution the station conduct now will bolster the argument. In the contrast, however, instead of the length of the ads, the reason is that there are too few people to watch the adds,which contribute little to the local businesses' profit,because of the time of the news program. In addition, it is possible that the local businesses don not have enough money to devote in the ads. Thus, even though the station more time for their ads, they can afford to them. In these cases, the argument will be weaken.

In sum, the argument is unpersuasive and to make it more sound, the author needs more evidence.1)The number of the people who would like to want television during late-night.2)The nature of the complaint from the viewers.3)The reason of these local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with the station.

Sentence: Thus, without changing the time that play the news, the station may cannot attract more views.
Description: The fragment that play the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace play with verb, past tense

Sentence: If the reason is indeed due to the increasing time to national news and less time to weather and local news which occupy the time of playing ads, then solution the station conduct now will bolster the argument.
Description: The fragment , then solution is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: ?