The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the s

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station.

"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with the station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, several local businesses that used to run advertisements during our late-night news program have just cancelled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand the coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

Here the manager claims that they should restore the time devoted to weather and local news. His claim is backed up his premises and can be further streangthen by the following.

Firstly, the author doesn't provide any statistics regarding the number of complaints recieved and percentage of viewers of late night show. If the numbers are quite huge then by stating the statistics the argument can be greatly strenghthen, as customer satisfaction is of atmost importance in today's world media.

Secondly, total loss in revenue because of loss in local business advertisements during only the late-night show is not specified. If the revenue lost is a significant amount, then restoring the weather and local news require great attention.

Thirdly, author should state the comparison between the revenue earned by advertisments and the total investment required to provide work for providing the weather and local news late night. If the investment is greater than the revenue then the claim is clearly false, or else it will be greatly strenghten.

In conclusion, the manager should have stated statistics over the past year, before making any claims as they can completely strengthen or weaken the claim made.

Sentence: His claim is backed up his premises and can be further streangthen by the following.
Error: streangthen Suggestion: strengthen

Sentence: Firstly, the author doesn't provide any statistics regarding the number of complaints recieved and percentage of viewers of late night show.
Error: recieved Suggestion: received

Sentence: If the numbers are quite huge then by stating the statistics the argument can be greatly strenghthen, as customer satisfaction is of atmost importance in today's world media.
Error: strenghthen Suggestion: strengthen
Error: atmost Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Thirdly, author should state the comparison between the revenue earned by advertisments and the total investment required to provide work for providing the weather and local news late night.
Error: advertisments Suggestion: advertisements

Sentence: If the investment is greater than the revenue then the claim is clearly false, or else it will be greatly strenghten.
Error: strenghten Suggestion: strengthen

Minimum 250 words wanted.