The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books. "We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because

The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books. "We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because it is known for its wide selection of books on all subjects. Clearly, opening the café would attract more customers. Space could be made for the café by discontinuing the children's book section, which will probably become less popular given that the most recent national census indicated a significant decline in the percentage of the population under age ten. Opening a café will allow Monarch to attract more customers and better compete with Regal Books, which recently opened its own café."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The recommendation of the Board of Directors of Monarch books, that the bookstore ought to have a cafe in its store, seems to be in best interests of the bookstore. This decision definitely aims at broadening the customer base of Monarch Books and improving its business by making a move to open an in-house cafe. Inspite of their good intentions, the Board definitely seems to have overlooked certain facts that may do more harm than good to their business, especially if the children's book section is done away with to make space for the proposed cafe.

First of all, the reason cited by the Bo...

Sentence: The Board of Directors should realise that though Regal Books has definitely an ace up its sleeve by introducing a novel concept of a 'cafe in a bookstore', over the years, it is the books that attract customers to a bookstore and not the cafe within it.
Error: realise Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The USP of a bookstore lies in the variety of books that it stocks, not in whether it hosts a cafe, and maybe the Board of Directors of Monarch Books should realise this before they make a business faux-paus.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre