The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super ScreenMovie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any

The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super ScreenMovie Production Company.
“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet thepercentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public’s lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising.”
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in orderto decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based arereasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

This argument relates the lack of movie viewership to the lack of awareness among people about the quality of Super Screen produced movie, and thus is making a cause for increase in advertisement. This however lacks on various fronts, as the choice of critics and general viewers are not be necessarily related, and often goes inverse, along with that it also fails to make a convincing case for advertisement because, as it is mentioned that before last year viewership was high, but was the advertisement also high then for supporting such a reason.

The argument is plainly relating favorable reviews of critics as a factor for increase in the viewership of the movies. While it is true that critics are experts at determining the quality of movies, this does not necessarily be the case with general viewer. Any general public is a mere dillentante and his choice, liking, may not match with that of critics, who are a conneiseur in that field. Often is the case that a movie is hit with the masses whereby critics plainly write them off or vice versa. Making a plain assumtion and thus making a cause for increase in advertisement so that such reviews by critics reach general masses might not bear fruit.
A careful analysis should be made and and comparision must be drawn as to what were the quality of movies then and what was last year. This can only be fruitful if we know what in general a common viewer would like to see in a movie. On such a parameter it should be analysed.

As there is a competition among many movie producer these days, and viewers have a myriad options, movies from other producers along with their success rate. This will help producers of Super Screen movie realize better as to where they are getting wrong. It may be that even though the quality of movies are inceasing, others may be producing movies even on a higher scale, people will naturally choose later. A careful market study is thus required fot ascerting the root cause.

Again the argument says that favorable reviews from critics are not reaching the viewers and thus viewers are unaware of the quality of movies being produced. Again before reaching such conclusion, did the Director of advertisement analysed the fundings on advertisement a year back. If there is no change in the level of advertisment then and in previous year, the thesis that inrease in advertisement will increase the viewership does not hold true. The reason apparently is some wehre else. Often excessive advertisement may have a negative result, as this might lead peole to believe that lack of quality or substance is being filled by excessive advertisement.

In such a competitive scenario, where by taste of critics and general viewers may not match, and even if it did, better quality movies from other production can be the reason of decline in the viewership. This argument does fails to convince by looking narrowly on only one aspect and that to is not backed by substantive claim.

Sentence: A careful analysis should be made and and comparision must be drawn as to what were the quality of movies then and what was last year.
Description: The token and is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to and and and

Sentence: Making a plain assumtion and thus making a cause for increase in advertisement so that such reviews by critics reach general masses might not bear fruit.
Error: assumtion Suggestion: assumption

Error: comparision Suggestion: comparison

Sentence: It may be that even though the quality of movies are inceasing, others may be producing movies even on a higher scale, people will naturally choose later.
Error: inceasing Suggestion: increasing

Sentence: If there is no change in the level of advertisment then and in previous year, the thesis that inrease in advertisement will increase the viewership does not hold true.
Error: advertisment Suggestion: advertisement
Error: inrease Suggestion: increase

Sentence: The reason apparently is some wehre else.
Error: wehre Suggestion: where

Sentence: Often excessive advertisement may have a negative result, as this might lead peole to believe that lack of quality or substance is being filled by excessive advertisement.
Error: peole Suggestion: people

You need to find arguments from statements:

1. statement: 'According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year.'

argument 1: in the marketing report, there is no mention of exact reason for the fewer attendances of viewers in the past year compared to other years.

2. statement: 'And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year.'

argument 2: the director claims that the number of positive reviews have actually increased from the previous years. But, again, there is no mention of any numbers supporting this claim.

3. statement: 'Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public’s lack of awareness'

argument 3: We can not state that the movie is good or bad only based on reviews of movie goers most of whom may be a casual movie watcher.