Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y

Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

I agree with this statement but only partially. Solving immediate problems of today is an important issue and must be taken up by the government but I believe, in doing so, it cannot neglect problems which are bound to arise in future.

Problems such as poverty, illiteracy and unemployment are deep hindrance to the development of a nation. So tackling these problems should be the upfront goal. This is a 2 way measure, as these issues not only affect a nation now, but are also the issues of the future if not dealt properly. So dealing with these primary problems will not only help in the upliftment of the society from the current position, but also help in creating a better society. Therefore, in my opinion, these issues should be of prime focus.

But in doing so government can't ignore issues which are imminent. Complex problems such as energy crisis (especially conventional sources) are inexorable. Resources such as coal, petroleum will become scarce and the government needs to deal with such issues in present itself. For example, shifting focus to renewables, and innovation in new fields of energy at present will definitely give a country an edge over others in future. Another positive aspect of dealing with issues yet to arise is that as government takes certain steps for such problems, awareness level among citizens increase, resulting in greater good of the society.

So, I feel that government should simultaneously tackle both present and future issues, with a major focus on those problems which will remain a problem in future as well. It will be required of the government to think ahead of the time, anticipate problems of future and uproot them before they grow into problems itself.

Write the essay with more vocabulary words.