An international development organization in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A While seeds for this new type of millet cost more farmers will be paid

An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A.While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet. Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety. To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

An international development organization recommends a new variety of millet high in Vitamin A to combat deficiency in the nation of Tagus. This organization has also mentioned subsidies to be paid to the farmers pertaining to the high costs of seeds and asked the government to take necessary measures to ensure that it promotes this new type of millet.

This argument is a recommendation but mostly arises some doubts concerning the application of the steps. First,the argument mentions a response about the impoverishment and vitamin A deficiency in Tagus, based on which the organization has developed new seeds.But there isn't any mention of the number of people who are vitamin - A deficient. What percent of the population is deficient in vitamin A? Is this deficiency solely due to poverty prevalent in the nation?

There could be many reasons for Vitamin Deficiency, but what is the proportion that accounts for poverty in Tagus. If we know the exact numbers and facts, then it would be helpful in calculating the production requirements and planning for the cultivation of millet.

It is given that the organization has developed new variety of seeds, but concerns are expressed over the affordability of these seeds. A suggestion mentioned in argument is the provision of subsidies to the farmers, but it hasn't been specified as to who will provide the subsidy. Is it the government of Tagus or the International development Organization? Will the subsidy include only the procurement of the seeds or will it also encumber the additional costs associated with the production? This would definitely have an impact upon the production as the people are poor.

As far as the government is concerned regarding the promotion of this new millet, we do not know whether the government is willing to provide support for this cause? Also, does this mean that currently no steps are being taken by the government to reduce this deficiency? And the most important of all, what are the steps that the government will take to ensure adequate production and supply of this new millet in the impoverished nation. These questions are crucial in the reducing the vitamin deficiency in the nation and government will have a major role to play in this.

So, if it is assumed that the millet is properly cultivated with adequate subsidies and measures taken by the government, this would lead to the alleviation of the problem of Vitamin deficiency in Tagus.

Argument 1 -- Not OK. Out of topic.

Argument 2 -- Not OK. Out of topic.

Argument 3 -- OK

Argument 4 -- OK

Need to find flaws from statement:

While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet.
--are subsidies enough to cover the cost?

Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety.
--how is the taste? maybe people are not ready

To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.
--not really, a lot of factors will affect