An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be p

An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A. While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet. Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety. To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

In the above argument , the author states that an international development organization has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A to combat the deficiency of vitamin A in the citizens of Targus . He also states that the organization would provide subsidies to the farmers as well as the cooperation of the government of Tagus for the promotion. The above argument seems logical and coherent , but there may be hidden factors that would lead to the failure of the project.

Firstly ,Let us consider the possibility that the new breed of millet might not be tested in the masses and their acceptance is not proved . So, such a venture would be a failure if the new breed of millet is not thoroughly tested . The citizens might also be skeptic because of the fact that millet is their staple food so they are very comfortable consuming the ordinary version thus they would be very apprehensive to shift to a new variety. The Organization for the should produce millet of the same texture ,taste and color that is locally consumed by the locales to relive them of their apprehension .

Secondly, The country as stated is impoverished that means that the citizens possibly would not be educated enough to understand the importance of vitamin A in the body thus leading to the failure of the project .Even though the author states that the government would cooperate for the promotion of the new millet but then again the government may not have the resources to reach far out in the remote villages to educate the citizens to switch to the new variety for their own personal well being .

Lastly , the International Organization that will be in charge for the communication with the farmers . The Organization might not fully understand the local culture or local geography of the farmers thus leading to a disaster if the project is not properly managed by the government of Targus .

In conclusion ,looking at all the angles and factors more information might be needed to warrant the action of the International Organisation .If the citizens acceptance of the new variety is guaranteed then the project can be sanctioned else the idea should be dropped or the millet should re-engineered so that the locales are comfortable with it. Also , the Organisation should make sure that there is total cooperation with government so that the techniques are properly administered to the farmers .

Sentence: The Organization for the should produce millet of the same texture ,taste and color that is locally consumed by the locales to relive them of their apprehension .
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to the and should

Sentence: In conclusion ,looking at all the angles and factors more information might be needed to warrant the action of the International Organisation .If the citizens acceptance of the new variety is guaranteed then the project can be sanctioned else the idea should be dropped or the millet should re-engineered so that the locales are comfortable with it.
Suggestion: Refer to citizens and acceptance