the invention of gunpowder was the single most destructive achievement in history

Gunpowder has been one of the most destructive manmade inventions. It is believed to be discovered by the Chinese in the 9th century as an elixir to immortality. Later on it further spread to the western countries and further to the entire world.

It was gunpowder that ended the feudal era, and pushed the walled castles and armored knights and picturesque crews of bowmen into the limbo of the irretrievable past. Gunpowder and the printing press ushered in the modern age. By means of gunpowder, the conquests of the savage Americans, and savage Africa, and the effete India and the benighted J...

Sentence: Gunpowder has been one of the most destructive manmade inventions.
Error: manmade Suggestion: man made

Sentence: It was gunpowder that ended the feudal era, and pushed the walled castles and armored knights and picturesque crews of bowmen into the limbo of the irretrievable past.
Error: irretrievable Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: By means of gunpowder, the conquests of the savage Americans, and savage Africa, and the effete India and the benighted Japan of the 1850's were made possible by relatively small bands of enlightened European white men.
Error: effete Suggestion: effect?

You may put more words (around 350) in the future essays. But this essay is wonderful with perfectly polished language!

See it is now in top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre