Issue:"The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people."

The author claims that achievements of rulers,artists, or scientists does not indicate great nation rather people's general welfare represents it.The claim provided by author finds to be correct but more information and evidences are required to fully satisfy the reader.What is a great nation? A nation could be considered a great one if it satisfies needs of people of its country,Here great can be referred to when welfare is done for citizens of any nation in terms of poverty,education,hospitality and many more which makes a nation great.

In contrast,achievements of rulers,artists or scientists also plays a very important role in building up a nation to be great.For instance ,Taking an example of the great Indian scientist Prof.A.P.J Abdul Kalam who is also known as missile man and acted as a president of India played a very important role for the country but only this cannot make a great nation.When our cricket team wins any match it increases popularity of nation by achieving good position in world in cricket.

Further,lets take an example of any school the school can achieve a good position only when good education and other extra curricular activities are provided by school for the students which can led to improve the students and can increase the reputation of school.Achievements in any field can be acquired when welfare is done for its people, may be in terms of funds,knowledge or good exposure.

for summarizing issue we can say that its not only the achievements of rulers,artists or scientists but also the welfare of citizens which makes a great nation.

Sentence: for summarizing issue we can say that its not only the achievements of rulers,artists or scientists but also the welfare of citizens which makes a great nation.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a negator
Suggestion: Refer to its and not

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.