It is more harmful to compromise one s own beliefs than to adhere to them Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporting

It is more harmful to compromise one's own beliefs than to adhere to them.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and

explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should

consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations

shape your position.

Compromising with one's belief implies a person let go off his morals just because of some petty selfish gains, or he don't have guts to stand up against what he considers wrong, or he considers it to be simple enough than opposing and taking some pain.All the above are indications of a person with low morals and inner strength. Thus, I completely agree with the author's assertion that it is harmful to compromise with one's belief.I have substantial reasons to support my position. A few includes:

First, a person will lose one's individuality and self belief.If one work in a company whose ideals and policies he don't agree with, or he don't agree with his boss unethical business practices and still don't have guts to stand against it. That person will lose respect for himself and it's a vicious circle that keeps on going.

Additionally,it's a loss of integrity, mutual co-operation and reliance. For instance, what if people like Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela would have adjusted with their belief against foreign atrocities just because it was tough to stick to their own ideals. Nothing good can be achieved without hard-work, dedication and commitment. People will lose faith in one another.Furthermore, think of situation if our politicians, military officials start compromising with their principles.

Some may claim, that it is more harmful to stick with one's beliefs.Because, they might be pointing at short term benefits such as sticking to a bad job, giving in to corruption just because it seems simpler.Ones belief should be flexible, coherent with the time. For instance, when Galileo came up his heliocentric theory people adhered to their belief of suncentric theory,which is not at all appropriate. With changing times may be situations and circumstances change. One should be open to innovations but it cannot be attributed that since, one is open to change compromising with one's beliefs is also appropriate.

In the light of above points it can be justified that, compromising with one's beliefs is a slippery slope.Once you let it go, it's hard to return. Thus, it can be concluded that compromising with own belief make the person lose his or her confidence, identity, self respect and individuality and is thus deleterious in long run.

Sentence: Thus, it can be concluded that compromising with own belief make the person lose his or her confidence, identity, self respect and individuality and is thus deleterious in long run.
Description: The fragment belief make the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace make with verb, past tense

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.