The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement

The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The given statement implies that study of history is mainly done to disappear or vanish the misapprehension that people living in current world are a lot different that those existed in history. This concise statement is true as the peoples' natures really don’t change completely and some part of their ancestor’s nature or temperament remains in the new generations also. Some people might disagree with it by thinking that new generations bring new mindset which is partly true, so i would prefer to agree with it.

Firstly, the nature of people never completely differs from their ancestors as it is proven by many examples. A very compelling example would be of terrorists, many terrorists groups exist in this world and yet none of them have completely vanished. The major reason for extant of these groups is that, they convey their thoughts from old to new generations and most of the times as the new generation also finds those thoughts reasonable, they accept it and become part of terrorism. This example completely establishes the truth that some part of mindset of ancestors from our history is conveys further and people never change completely.

Similarly, study of history not only benefits us by vanishing the misconception stated but also it makes us aware about our societal development. For example, the laws existed in many centuries ago about racism are now completely changed and racism does not exist nowadays. In history of many societies like American society the racism was severely present and black people were harassed a lot in those days but today the society have changed and all kinds of people live together in peace. This example proves that there was some better developments happened in society.

Conversely, even there were a lot of good developments done in society and study of history does prevent some people to get evil, there are still some people which will never change. For instance, an authoritarian like Saddam Hussein who ruled Iraq for many years and nagged people of his country for his own reasons. These kinds of people always exist and cannot be prevented permanently for entering the world, because "for every good there exist some evil also".

On conclusion, it is wise to say that study of history helps many people to get out of illusion that people have changed and a lot different than those people existed in history, but it isn't the only major benefit of it.History also gives us feedback of our developments in various fields and admonishes us about the bad possibilities in development.

Sentence: The given statement implies that study of history is mainly done to disappear or vanish the misapprehension that people living in current world are a lot different that those existed in history.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to lot and different

Sentence: This example completely establishes the truth that some part of mindset of ancestors from our history is conveys further and people never change completely.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and conveys