Men and women, because of their inherent physical differences, are not equally suited for many tasks.

Men are from Mars, and women are from Venus - this is an oft-repeated statement regarding the difference between the mental processes of a typical man and woman. It wouldn't be wrong to extend this phrase to the differences in their physical capacities too. For very long, there are quite a few jobs/tasks in this world that are dominated only by either one of the sexes, and quite rightly so. The following examples should validate the issue being discussed in this essay.

We could begin by heading back to the early ages, when men engaged in purely physical activities like hunting and the woman of the house stayed back to involve in activities that were less physically-taxing like cooking and looking after her babies. Quite possibly, it could be this division of physical work that resulted in the bodies of men and women to have their inherent differences.

Building construction, heavy mechanical work and the like, have, for time immemorial, been the mainstay of men. It has been seen that it is more practical, economical and time-saving to employ men over women in these areas of work. Men also seem to get an adrenaline rush out of back-breaking physical work - probably this reflex evolved from man being the traditional protector of his family or coven.

On the other hand, most women are in their comfort zone in areas that involve their mental faculties, over actual physical work. In the previous century, a lot of them were content donning the home-maker's hat and a progressive few would seek employment - usually as secretaries in small firms. This has given rise to similar job titles that usually ask for a greater involvement of a woman's mental faculties over her physical ability, and rightly so!

Summing up, job descriptions have, over the years, evolved to take advantage of the distinct physical and mental capabilities of a man and woman. There are exceptions to every rule, but it is better if people listen to their instincts to take a job suited to their physical profile, usually decided by gender.