Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Natural wilderness areas are not belong to the countries, people just provide some benefits from their beauty for a short period of time and it is a nation’s responsibility to preserve these areas for their prodigies. In addition, opening these areas for industrialization or urbanization causes other species which dwell in the wilderness to lose their homes. Devastating these wilderness areas for short term profits causes dangerous results for the societies in the long term.

To begin with, people are just another species in the ecosystem not the owner of it. In the ecosystem all species are in a harmony and if one of the elements of the ecosystem gets harm or decreases in number then all the other beings in the ecosystem would be affected severely. For example, farmers had used chemical pesticides in order to eliminate beetles in their fields in Turkey. However these pesticides also killed snakes. Since the number of snakes decreased than the animals that are food sources of snakes increased in number and mice is one of them. This inflation in the number of mice caused worse results for the farmers than insects since when these rodents enter the fields, depots and they devastates the crop of the whole year. In order to alleviate the damages caused by mice, the farmers brought snakes from other areas and left them to the wilderness in order to bring the ecosystem back to its original position. As in the case of example, any harm which is done to other species such as demolishing their dwellings for businesses which seem lucrative brings more harm than good.

Moreover, destroying natural areas affects not only other species but also our offspring. Since we hold these areas temporarily, demolishing them for our own purposes arouses dangerous results for the next generations. We have these areas because our descendants had protected wilderness. If they had already urbanized and industrialized these areas, we would have never seen these beauties. In addition, this destruction will decrease our chances for considering new business options because these areas have already been in use. Then, we would have nothing beautiful or lucrative in our hand. As a result, societies should consider next generations and do not allow the demolition of these sites for short term gains.

Finally, even though industrialization of these natural areas seems to generate some value in monetary terms, the losses it creates outweigh the profits. Wilderness areas are main sources of oxygen and clean air. When these areas are demolished, people would suffer from several illnesses. The money that would spend to treat them would cause more loss than revenue generated by the factories in those areas. In addition, intensive urbanization might cause psychological problems for people. These problems would decrease their productivity so this decrease in productivity would diminish the profits. Hence, devastating these wilderness areas causes loss of money and deterioration of health conditions of people.

To sum up, demolishing wilderness areas for short term results causes several problems in longer periods since these areas are essential for other species, next generations and health of the people. We are just the passengers who come to this earth and these beautiful areas are gift to us which we should protect for the upcoming generations.

Natural wilderness areas are not belong to the countries,
Natural wilderness areas do not belong to the countries,