As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni

As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

At one glance the given statement appears to be true. After all, with more and more technological advances human life is bound to become easier, and thus there will be less to worry about and the ability of humans to think for themselves will deteriorate. However, there are clear examples where it can be seen that more and more technological advances are actually opening up whole new line of thinking for humans which were not possible before.

Let us take the example of architecture of the past and present. It was only with the advent of the industrial revolution that architects could start conceiving and design high rise structures, which were beyond the scope of anybody’s imagination before, and which can now be seen in plenty in most cities in the world. And today, with even further development of technology, architects are able to conceive and put to reality even more futuristic masterpieces that we see today, an example being architect Frank Gehry’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. The form of the structure is distinctly futuristic – a form, which was easy to imagine and understand and construct because of all the advancements in 3D computer simulations of buildings, and construction technologies.

Not just in architecture, in various other scientific fields such as medicine, astronomy, physics, chemistry, technological advances have opened up new possibilities for scientists, new inventions and better understanding of the world, which might never have been possible without technology, an example being complete eradication of small pox in the beginning of the 20th century, which was only possible because of new technological advances in the fields of medicine and biology.

However, in some cases we can say that humans have become so dependent on technology that we fail to function if the technology fails. Technology has become such a strong part of our day-to-day lives that any breakdown results in humans getting completely disoriented. For example, washing machines, microwaves, vacuum cleaners are so invaluable to us that we are cannot think of our lives without them.

In conclusion, although we are heavily dependent on technology in our daily lives, and are crippled by their absence, it is technology which is taking human thinking forward, and can thus not be thought as to cause deterioration of human thinking.

Sentence: For example, washing machines, microwaves, vacuum cleaners are so invaluable to us that we are cannot think of our lives without them.
Description: A verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to are and cannot

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. The second and third paragraph are not closely related to the topic.