People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Decision making is an objective task. Various parameters are involved in taking a decision, decision maker's objectivity and indifference being of prime importance. Great decision makers weigh in all the criteria and logically support their decisions. On the other hand, emotions can make people take decisions which might be influenced by emotions and this has an overall impact on the decision.

As human beings, emotional prejudices are bound to be a part of our lives most of the time. It is no surprise that these can also be a part of decision making. The end result in many cases would involve justification to the decision if it is proved wrong or unworthy. This is the case most of the time. Although we cannot undermine the fact that some decisions can prove to have extremely fruitful results, people involved in making the decisions cannot be called as good decision makers.

Decision making is all about objectivity. It is of utmost importance that all the decisions taken are backed up with solid facts. If any decision maker chooses to act on his emotional impulse, and later, when questioned, tries to prove himself/herself with some logic, that's poor decision making on his/her part. It does not imply that the decision is completely justified. One has to look at both sides of a coin and cannot rely on emotions for making a decision. I contend that sometimes, logic can explain the actions taken emotionally, although not known to many, but this is definitely poor decision making on the part of the person involved.

Let me give an example to support my point. A Judge in the court of law is considered to be a very good decision maker as the parties involved in the case might get affected a lot if sound decisions are not taken by him. If at all a judge is emotionally inclined to some party, that is not right on his part and thus he is not a very good decision maker and even if he tries to justify the result with facts, that cannot be considered good judgement. We can also take a look at corporate decision making and notice that these decisions have a huge impact on the company's name, shares, employees. These decisions need to be based on very firm grounds and not because some board member thinks that it is the right thing to do. That would be a poor decision making.

On the whole, decision making must consider all the options and without any subjectivity and emotional prejudices. Such decisions cannot be justified and proved right all the time and the people involved can be considered poor decision makers regardless of the end result.

Read the topic: 'you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true'.

Your issue essay is better than your argument essay.