Essay topics: Pirouettes Ballet School is the clear choice for any child. Of all the dance schools in Elmtown, Pirouettes has the most intensive program, and our teachers have danced in the most prestigious ballet companies all over the world. Many of our students have gone on to become professional dancers with top dance companies.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.
The recommendation made in the argument, or advertisement rather, is that every child should attend Pirouettes Ballet School (PBS), because of the international experience of teachers at the school and the placement of its alumni. However, some questions need to be answered to evaluate and validate the argument and the consequent suggestion.
The first claim itself, that PBS is the clear choice for "any" child (emphasis added), is tenuous. What if a child is not interested in learning ballet? Further, every child may not be able to afford to join the school. Moreover, it is not clear whether the school accepts amateurs, or only those with at least some basic training can join? The claim needs to tempered so as to not appear as a generalization.
In addition, the claim regarding PBS having the most intensive program in Elmtown is unsubstantiated. Which agency has evaluated the programs of the dance schools in Elmtowm? On what basis was the evaluation made, and what exactly is the definition of an "intensive" curriculum? Answers to all these questions are necessary before making an informed decision about the credibility of PBS.
Finally, the claims that the teachers at PBS have international experience, and the alumni of the school have become professional dancers need further clarification. Did the teachers gain experience while they were at PBS or before that? Did the alumni who got placements with "top" dance repertories study somewhere else in addition to PBS? Finally, how many of the school's students have got these placements needs to be clarified.
It is obvious that any advertisement will make an attempt to paint a rosy picture of its product or service. In that regard, the advertisement's claims and recommendation do not appear outlandish. However, further substantiation of the claims is required to establish the credentials of the dance school in question.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 days 11 hours ago||tparveen||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||test123||58||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 weeks ago||aishwarya15||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||gannapapa||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||tonoy||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||raunak||66||Read full essay|
|7 months 4 days ago||wnitesh||83||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||amoly25||70||Read full essay|
|7 months 4 weeks ago||AGray||50||Read full essay|
|8 months 17 hours ago||Sourav Chatterjee||50||Read full essay|
- People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting (83.75)
- Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large (73.33329999999999)
- Pirouettes Ballet School is the clear choice for any child. Of all the dance schools in Elmtown, Pirouettes has the most intensive program, and our teachers have danced in the most prestigious ballet companies all over the world. Many of our students have (75)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the comp (70)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (90)
- A pet food company recalled 4 million pounds of pet food in response to complaints that pets that had consumed the food experienced vomiting, lethargy, and other signs of illness. After the recall, the pet food company tested samples from the recalled foo (76.66670000000001)
- Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society. (86)
- The following appeared in a letter from the faculty committee to the president of Seatown University: A study conducted at nearby Oceania University showed that faculty retention is higher when professors are offered free tuition at the university for the (90)
- Claim: Even though young people often receive the advice to “follow your dreams,” more emphasis should be placed on picking worthy goals. Reason: Many people’s dreams are inherently selfish. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which y (93.33329999999999)
- A true university education encompasses far more than the narrow, specialized study of a single discipline. Only through exploring the broad spectrum of liberal arts courses can students become truly learned. (76)