The purpose of higher education is to prepare students for the future, but classen students are at a serious disadvantage in the competition for post-college employment due to the university's burdensome breadth requirements. classen's job placement rate

As the author mentioned, the purpose of higher education is to prepare students for future, so if the students could not find a job with adequate placement rate, that’s not a duty of university, the university just prepare the students for job, but not offering that to all students.

Although being prepared for job is duty of university but finding a job is not directly what university should do.

On the other hand, of the students find an adequate job that they have been studied on that field and have been prepared more for that, they won’t be forced to spend their time on courses outside their subject area for sure, so if the students find jobs about their fields they studied, then they can be hopeful they will take advanced courses of their fields.

By all the points, if university is concerned about this problem, it can provide some courses about finding appropriate jobs for students to decrease the lower rate jobs for it’s students.