The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser.“We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun-Beem’s improved formula. Without an enormous media blitz, including televis

Essay topics: The regional brand manager sent the following memo to the national brand manager for Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser.
“We need to institute a huge publicity campaign for the launch of Sun-Beem’s improved formula. Without an enormous media blitz, including television, radio, internet, and magazine ads, potential new customers will not be aware of our product. And previous customers will not be aware that Sun-Beem’s new, non-carcinogenic formula is on the shelves. The best way to combat the negative publicity Sun-Beem’s old formula received is to fight fire with fire, by using the media’s insatiable interest in any new news about Sun-Beem to sell the new formula. This will erase the negative connotations in the minds of former customers, and will ensure that Sun-Beem is once again the best-selling facial cleanser on the market.”

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

dotsandashes's picture

The argument states that Sun-Beem Facial Cleanser should have a huge campaign for its launch of the new improved formula. However, this conclusion is based on assumptions that seems to be unsupported. The argument bases its claims on the premise that having a widespread advertising campaign would help to deter the negative publicity from the old formula and increase sales of the new sunscreen.

First, the argument assumes that the news about the new formula would replace the negative mindset that previous customers had of the product. Previous customers who have heard of the harmful effects of the old formula may have develop a negative impression of Sun-Beem's brand. Although Sun Beem ha ...

Note: Only testbig VIP readers can access the full content of this essay.

Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.