Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

A scandal is a widely publicized allegation or set of allegation that damages (or tries to damage) the reputation of an institution, individual or creed. A scandal may be based on true or false allegation. I agree with the recommendation that scandals are useful as they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could. Scandal causes people to realize the need for change. But all scandals are not useful.

As everyone is busy in their fast pace life, they do not have time to ponder on various problems; they may be ignorant about the problems. But scandals help us in focusing our attention more towards the problem and its solution. For an instance take an example of famous professional and former cyclist athlete of America Lance de Armstrong, who won tour de France seven consecutive times; he is a testicular cancer survivor. His success inspired cancer patients. But recently he was alleged for doping and he himself confessed that he has taken performance enhancing drugs all seven times when he won the race. This scandal took attention of everyone and highlighted the importance of strict doping examinations before competition. This scandal made the anti doping federation to make changes in their system, so that such incidents would not repeat in future.

Reformer or good speaker speeches inspire people, but the impact of their speeches last on them for a very short time. Speaker speech only make them aware of different problems where as scandal shows them the urgent need for eradicating the existing situations. Like, corruption, adulteration in food and fake drugs.

Some scandals are not useful for people. Some people use scandals to boost their popularity and for their own interest. Like movie stars scandals of love affairs are of no use for people. Recent scandal of Kristen stewart cheating Robert pattison is one such example.

Scandals make people aware of problems around them and make them realize the need to find their solution for proper management of society. In all, scandals are useful as they focus our attention on problems.