Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field Write

Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Should college students base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field or should they consider only their own talents and interests? While the availability of jobs in a specific field of study may offer more return in terms of money and job options, it may also result in professional disappointment. In my view, due to the myriad of possibilities our globalized world offers us, a balance between personal interest and jobs availability should be sought according to individual values and priorities one might have.

Despite the assertions of many that the availability of jobs is the main aspect in college students choice of a field of study, other aspects must also be taken in account. The advantages of basing this choice on the jobs market is that as more jobs are available in a specific area, the jobseeker will probably have more options regarding places to live, companies to work at, work environment and work-life balance. Additionally to these options, a field of expertise with higher demand for professionals will also offer better salaries than those where jobs are not so much available. The disadvantages of such a choice of profession is that life after all may become nonsense or boring because at the end of the day you may feel like you did not do your best as a contributor to the world, or because you spent most of your time doing something you do not really like.

On the other hand, choosing a field based on personal interests and talents will probably bring a more enjoyable work activity and this will reflect on personal life as something that motivates you. Also, one's skilfulness in a field of expertise will surely make him a better professional, which is able to contribute to the world with the best one can offer. The motivation that a realized professional can have is sometimes priceless. The bad side of it is that the choice of field of study based on interest may result in times of struggling on finding a job and the offers will surely be more limited.

Ultimately, after considering both sides of the issue, it must be concluded that a balance between personal interest and jobs availability should be sought according to individual values and priorities one might have. The globalized world we live in today offers us a multitude of possibilities of fields of study, so that many options are available in all the different areas of expertise.

Sentence: Should college students base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field or should they consider only their own talents and interests?
Description: The word base is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to base

Sentence: Also, one's skilfulness in a field of expertise will surely make him a better professional, which is able to contribute to the world with the best one can offer.
Error: skilfulness Suggestion: skillfulness