Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Writ

Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Each of us has its own interests and unique set of talents. An ideal situation would be when fields of student's interests will overlap with those available on job market. In practice, however, a compromise between fulfilling one's own dream and making ends meet is, in most cases, inevitable. On the other hand, becoming an expert in a field of interest, will most probably lead to lucrative career, even if the job offers are rare.

Once a person is a specialist in a field of interest, even though the job positions will be sparse, his abilities and talents will be recognized quickly by potential employers. For example, an expert in assembly and operation of circular dichroism spectroscop will be desirable for most companies that make experiments using this instrument, despite the fact that there will be only few of them.

Nevertheless, being a great specialist in a field where job availability is high, increases the chances of getting a better job. Taking into account that there is always high demand for medical doctors, studying medicine will ensure that we will immediately get the job after graduation. Besides that, even when a person will be get a dismissal from his employer, probability of becoming hired in a different company is much higher.

To recapitulate, provided that an individual is determined to study hard in a given direction, he should not fell fear about his future employment. Basing one's choice of a field of study on the high availability of jobs in that field, however, increases the chances of getting a job in the future. In the latter case, when jobs are plentiful, professionalism will most probably not be the deciding factor. Having in mind, however, that college provides us with only basic education in a given field, and most of specific information we will learn at our future work.

Sentence: For example, an expert in assembly and operation of circular dichroism spectroscop will be desirable for most companies that make experiments using this instrument, despite the fact that there will be only few of them.
Error: spectroscop Suggestion: spectroscope

No. of Words: 308 350 (need more words on essay body)