Some people believe that increasing violence in the media is the cause of increasing violence in our society, especially among children. Others believe that children's peer groups and parental role models are a much more influence on children's behavior.

Voilence increases and dilates among our society every day. The most liable objects to this influence are children. Although media is thought to be a great cause of increasing violence phenomenon, more powerful factor of children's personality formation is the environment where children live.

Firstly, parental role models have powerful influence on children's behavior as children spend most of their time at home. The fact that children emulate parent's behavior throughout their lives is proved by a lot of phycholigical theories. Also, the events which happened during the childhood have a great influence on human's future development and life.

The same may be said about children's peer groups. The phenomenon of individual's behaviour whithin a group of people who have something in common was researched and analyzed by scientists and is called the flocking instinct. This theory claims that an individual tries to emulate the behavior of the whole group. Thus, violence may dilate within children's peer groups.

Nowadays, the media is a diffuse facility in our society and most people are liable to its' influence. However it depends on person's interests concerning which newspaper to read and which channel to watch. So, if the media channels which provide and bolster violence elements are not available to individual's observation, then this person will not be influenced by violence.

To conclude, both factors are important for personal development and may either ameliorate or exacerbate it. Nevertheless, the influence of each factor depends on the extent to which this factor is inveigled in individual's life. Thereby, The children's peer groups and parental role models has more powerful influence on children's behavior as they accompany a colossal part of children's lives.

Write the essay with or over 350 words. You have the potential to get higher mark.