Some people believe that universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. Others believe that universities should not force students to take any courses other than those that will help prepare th

Some people believe that universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. Others believe that universities should not force students to take any courses other than those that will help prepare them for jobs in their chosen fields.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

If we look at universities as a business organisation, their product is the education and training that they provide, plus other tangibles that make this education useful for the customers, who in this case are the students (and often their parents) who envision a concurrence between their aspirations and the means provided by the universities to achieve them. For the purposes of this essay, let us not indulge into the monetary part of this transaction to avoid getting tangential to the topic.

The proponents of both the views given in the statements would accept the above analogy, and henc...

Sentence: If we look at universities as a business organisation, their product is the education and training that they provide, plus other tangibles that make this education useful for the customers, who in this case are the students and often their parents who envision a concurrence between their aspirations and the means provided by the universities to achieve them.
Error: organisation Suggestion: organization

Sentence: It would not be an exaggeration, though it could be an underestimation, that for a single job requiring highly specialised skills in the form of degrees and certificates, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of virtually identical candidates available.
Error: specialised Suggestion: specialized

Sentence: My view, as summarised in this paragraph earlier, lie in the middle.
Error: summarised Suggestion: summarized