Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing an

Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Man has made vast progress during his brief period of existence on Earth. A large percentage of this progress can be attributed to man's inquisitive nature which makes him curious about everything around him. Questioning is the very consequence of learning, and it is through questioning that boundaries of learning get widened. Same logic can be applied to the field of education as well. If students do not question, what they are taught instead of accepting it passively, their learning is not complete.

When a person is in the students phase, his sole responsibility is to learn. Questioning is an essential part of learning. It is only through questioning the existing knowledge and principles of any field, the boundaries of knowldge are pushed. As a consequence, newer ideas and better principles and explanation models result. Thus, education is not only about acquiring the existing knowldge of a field, it is also about developing a penchant for asking healthy questions wherever the existing knowledge does not seem to be the best explanation of the observed trend. Thus, if a student of science were to passively accept all the principles taught without questioning self or the teachers about their validity, he will not have the tendency to question the existing explanations of various phenomena in his field. Such a student will not be able to contribute towards increase in existing knowledge in his field of science, thus will remain a passive entity in his field with no contribution at all.

If the students keep questioning about the things they are taught rather than accepting them as such,the learning process becomes more interactive.Since,each individual has his own way of perceiving a problem,situation or explanation, encouraging different students to question a particular point brings new ideas to the surface. In the field of literaure, different individuals can have different interpretations of a literary work like poem or prose. If the teacher imposes his interpretation of the work on the students, the students will not be able to develop their own appreciation of literature. However, if the teacher allows the studenst to question his explanation and present their respective points of view, newer ideas and yet unlooked for avenues will come into being. The students will also be able to better appreciate the literature.

Summing up,intelligent questioning is the very essence of learning and is also the force which drives learning by pushing the circle of knowledge wider. Education is essentially the succesful imparting of knowledge. If questioning is kept out of education , the latter can never be complete. Thus to be properly educated, students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.

Sentence: It is only through questioning the existing knowledge and principles of any field, the boundaries of knowldge are pushed.
Error: knowldge Suggestion: knowledge

Sentence: Thus, education is not only about acquiring the existing knowldge of a field, it is also about developing a penchant for asking healthy questions wherever the existing knowledge does not seem to be the best explanation of the observed trend.
Error: knowldge Suggestion: knowledge

Sentence: In the field of literaure, different individuals can have different interpretations of a literary work like poem or prose.
Error: literaure Suggestion: literature

Sentence: However, if the teacher allows the studenst to question his explanation and present their respective points of view, newer ideas and yet unlooked for avenues will come into being.
Error: unlooked Suggestion: unlocked
Error: studenst Suggestion: student

Sentence: Education is essentially the succesful imparting of knowledge.
Error: succesful Suggestion: successful

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.