Success in any realm of life comes more often from taking chances or risks than from careful and cautious planning

"Success in any realm of life comes more often from taking chances or risks than from careful and cautious planning."

The statement stated above even if is true, hits the stomach. It is obvious that one can achieve success only when he takes risk in his life, but what does risk taking mean? What sorts of actions are to be piled up in the list of risks? Even though risks vary from every situation, a good and well-judged risk when its consequences are foreboded leads a person to the path of success.

Yes a person can cross the river only when he sets his foot on it. How can someone know the depth of river without diving in it? Jumping in the river to judge its depth by following safety precautions to prevent drowning, like using swimming costume, is far better than jumping impetuously in the river. In both ways one takes risk to judge the depth, however the former way leads a better result than does the latter. Yes, when risks are taken then only one succeeds, or if fails he will get a new step to climb the ladder of success. The wisecrack that “No risk, no gain” definitely justifies that taking risk will lead a person to success.

There are magnates who had once or more taken risk in their crucial stages of life which determined their success. Every person who succeeded had once started from the beginning. But their well- planned and early knowledge about what would the risk cost them, made them preeminent. Any unplanned risk is carelessness. A boy who piles his books to study at the last month before exam has also taken risk but would this make him successful? Even though he took risk, what would happen if he falls ill or any unpleasant consequence befall upon him. These types of risk certainly would lead to failure. But a careful understanding and well preplanned way of taking the risk will lead a person to success. Any one wallowing in their present situation wouldn’t progress until they make some efforts to change their situations.

As new technology arrives, who would success – one who risks his pocket to use the technology or the one who sits simply at his house and waits for some miracle to happen? If the one who invests in adopting the technology well studies the negative effects of the same, and steps correctly then he would definitely succeed. But a person who invests to buy a combine harvester when he has just a small piece of land in a mountainous region would definitely loose his money in taking the risks. Thus when one is well aware of the pros and cons of the risk he would succeed definitely rather than the laggards who hesitate to take risks.

Thus taking risks to succeed doesn’t mean making reckless decision. One should be aware where risk would lead him to. When one carefully plans and manages well in taking risk, he would definitely succeed rather than the people not taking risks.