SuperCorp recently moved its headquarters to Corporateville The recent surge in the number of homeowners in Corporateville proves that Corporateville is a superior place to live then Middlesburg the home of SuperCorp s current headquarters Moreover Middle

SuperCorp recently moved its headquarters to Corporateville. The recent surge in the number of homeowners in Corporateville proves that Corporateville is a superior place to live then Middlesburg, the home of SuperCorp's current headquarters. Moreover, Middleburg is a predominately urban area and according to an employee survey, SuperCorp has determined that its workers prefer to live in an area that is not urban. Finally, Corporateville has lower taxes than Middlesburg, making it not only a safer place to work but also a cheaper one. Therefore, Supercorp clearly made the best decision.
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on the assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

Author is making a conclusion that Corporateville is the best place for employee of Supercorp to live that their current place which is Middlesburg. He has given certain parameters for the comparison such as surge in number of homeowners, tax rates, safety etc. in between two cities. Author has considered above points but he has not provided substantial data to strengthen his argument.

Firstly he has mentioned that there are recent surges in number of homeowners in corporateville because SuperCorp has moved the headquarters to Corporateville. This statement clearly proves an assumption made by author as he has not mentioned any statistics which will prove that the increase in number of homeowner is only due to relocation of SuperCorps headquarters. There may be many other factors affecting the increase in the number of homeowners in Corporateville. So this statement proves to be an assumption which undermines the argument.

Secondly he has mentioned the reason for the people to move to Corpsville is according to an employee survey workers prefer to live in non-urban area unlike Middlesburg. He has not mentioned anywhere that Corporateville is a non-urban area and this thing highly weakens the argument. He has also mentioned that Corporateville has lower taxes than Middlesburg, making it not only a safer place to work but also a cheaper one.

The lower taxes can make any place cheaper but how can it make any place safer? This is a wrong assumption author figured out. He could have mentioned some other details like the difference in the occurrence of crimes in both the cities to say that Middlesburg is a safer place to live.

To summarize the author conclusion about the town Corporateville as the best place to live is not valid because he has not provided the necessary statistics and data to support this statement. Also he has made some wrong assumptions regarding safety of a town without even mentioning any information related to it. The argument could have been strong he would have mentioned the proper surveys with names and provided the statistics and numerical data to bolster his position.