Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s

First of all, the statement that WCQP radio station got significant increase in it's listenership after increasing the number of call-in programs is based on the assumption that people actually wanted to listen to call-in programs in Rockville area. This is supported by a nationwide survey of radio listeners which indicated that they are interested in such programs. However, this survey does not provide any data about the percentage of people who participated in the survey from Rockville. Nation wide survey is very generic and provides data based on the average of the opinions of people from different areas or states. The survey also does not give any information on how many people were interviewed and how many people from different regions participated. It may be possible that very few people participated in the survey and many regions were omitted. Rockville may be one of those areas which got included in the survey. However, people from Medway may have different choice. In such a case, KICK manager's assumption about call-in advice program would be invalid. Hence, more data is required including Medway people's choice in mind.

There is no data which indicates how many programs at present in KICK station are call-in already. It may be possible that most of the programs are already call-in programs. In such a case, increasing more call-in programs would not help increasing the listeners.

Further, it would have been helpful to establish the belief that people in Medway prefer call-in programs, had the passage contained information on a survey conducted for Medway region specifically. The data which is needed is, how many other radio stations are broadcasting call-in programs and what is the percentage increase in their listener ship due to these programs.If call-in programs have helped other radio station to increase their listener ship, it would make sense to consider increasing more call-in program for KICK radio station. However, if it comes out that there is no positive impact of call-in programs for other radio stations, the suggestion would not make any sense.

Conclusively, author needs to provide much more data of the surveys conducted keeping Medway people in mind as stated above. This would help to evaluate the recommendation and make comments on it cogently.