Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author's opinion that KICK radio station in Medway should include more call-in advice programs inorder to increase its audience share in its listening area. The author's argument could be correct if its premises were to be true. However, the author has made use of assumptions for which there is no supporting evidence and terms that lack defintion.

Firstly, the author is of the opinion that WQCP radio station's decision to include more call-in advice programs in its braodcast is the only major reason for the increase in WQCP's share of radio audience in its listening area. Here the author has not explicitly examined any other reason which could have contributed towards increase in the WQCP's audience base. For example, they may have improved the overall quality of their broadcast, or may have included some other special additions in their broadcast based on public demand in WQCP's listening area. Another reason of increase in audience share could be a significant population increase in Rockville County in two years. Due to some reason like industrilisation more people may have moved in Rockville who may have a liking towards the WQCP's broadcasts which could also have contributed towards increase in WQCP's audience base. If the author had provided some evidence to link the increase in WQCP's audience base with increase in number of call-in advice programs, it would have strengthened his argument.

Secondly, the author is of the belief that the nationwide survey cited by him, which indicates that many radio listeners are quite interested in call-in advice programs, also indicates a significantly favourable inclination of Medway listeners towards such programs. This may not be the actual case. In Medway actually the people may be disinclined towards call-in advice programs, however their opinion may have been outweighed by those larger number of listeners from other areas. In such a situation the author's recommendation if followed may actually bring down the audience share of KICK in Medway. If the author were to provide some local survey at Medway's level which showed a favourable opinion of majority for in-call advice programs, it would have strengthened his arguemnt.

Thirdly, The author states that many listeners all over the nation are are quite interested in call-in advice programs. Here he has not provided any statistical figure to show that many actually means a significant percentage of radio listeners. For example many may represent a six to four ratio in favour of call-in advice progrwams and it may also represent a nine to one ratio for the same. However in second case, the statistical data will be much more reliable than the first. If the author were to properly provide a definition to his use of term many listeners, it woud strengthen his position.

Summing up, the author maybe correct in his argument that that KICK radio station in Medway should include more call-in advice programs inorder to increase its audience share in its listening area. However he has not provided supporting evidence for his assumptions. As a result his recommendations presented as such, may not have the desired effect.

Sentence: Summing up, the author maybe correct in his argument that that KICK radio station in Medway should include more call-in advice programs inorder to increase its audience share in its listening area.
Description: The fragment that that contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

Sentence: The author's opinion that KICK radio station in Medway should include more call-in advice programs inorder to increase its audience share in its listening area.
Error: inorder Suggestion: in order

Sentence: However, the author has made use of assumptions for which there is no supporting evidence and terms that lack defintion.
Error: defintion Suggestion: definition

Sentence: Firstly, the author is of the opinion that WQCP radio station's decision to include more call-in advice programs in its braodcast is the only major reason for the increase in WQCP's share of radio audience in its listening area.
Error: braodcast Suggestion: broadcast

Sentence: Due to some reason like industrilisation more people may have moved in Rockville who may have a liking towards the WQCP's broadcasts which could also have contributed towards increase in WQCP's audience base.
Error: industrilisation Suggestion: industrialization

Sentence: If the author were to provide some local survey at Medway's level which showed a favourable opinion of majority for in-call advice programs, it would have strengthened his arguemnt.
Error: favourable Suggestion: favorable
Error: arguemnt Suggestion: argument

Sentence: For example many may represent a six to four ratio in favour of call-in advice progrwams and it may also represent a nine to one ratio for the same.
Error: progrwams Suggestion: programs

Need to remove some repetitive words. Look at the first paragraph and last paragraph.

You may read this user's essays:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sauvikb