To understand the most important characteristics of a society one must study its major cities Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In develo

In today's Contemporary and fast paced world, each country's major cities play a very important role in
deciding the economic, social as well as political status of a country. The major cities reflect upon the
overall development and provide a bird's view of that country. However, this is an unfair generalization
made by the author that looking into the major cities will give us all the important characteristics of a
society. Let’s further look into this.

For decades, a country has been divided into two fragments. Firstly, the major cities where
Urbanization and development have taken at a faster pace. Secondly the towns and rural areas of the
country which provide a closer look into the cultural heritage.
The major cities have helped in establishing international standards and maintaining the
foreign relations. Every major city of any country will always have the best amenities and
and facilities be it New Delhi in India, Paris in France or Beijing in China.
However these cities may provide some insight into the culture and traditions of
that country ,their socioeconomic status and the way their society functions but
will not give a holistic picture. Due to Commercialization and the growing needs of each city to
compete with each other in the race of being the best, they somewhat are not capable of
capturing the true essence of their society and the bucolic beauty of that nation.

For instance, to know about the cultural and traditional background of India, looking
into their major cities will only provide an overview. Metropolitan cities like Delhi,
Bangalore etc have very less to offer in terms of India's history
of culture and traditions. To truly understand their society and background,
it is necessary to visit the countryside or further explore some other cities
to learn about their culture, heritage and past.

Another popular example is Paris in France. Paris is no doubt the fashion hub of the country
and has some widely popular tourist attractions but looking alone into Paris would not give
enough information about entire France like their major contribution in
Cheese production, wine and vineyards, perfumes etc. For that it is necessary to look
into the small villages and towns and not just the major cities.

Major cities will always provide information and various important characteristics of a
society. However, one can truly know about a country's culture and society by studying
the smaller cities and towns along with the major cities for a more accurate knowledge.