To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

I agree with the above statement made that "To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities".

In order to know about the important characteristics, it is important that we apprehend the characteristic behavior of the people around in the society. Studying major cities will definitely give us an idea on the mannerisms by which people think by themselves and also in welfare to the society.The study of villages or bucolic surroundings only give us with a limited knowledge about that place since it is understood that the people who are in villages are the ones who were taken by the British people for labor. In a city, there are a lot of chances to explore like importance historical buildings, museums, forts etc. Many renowned writers and poets have been traveling from one city to another to understand this aspect. The examples proscribed in the next two paragraph portrays that the statement "To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities" is absolutely right.

Ruskin Bond, famous poet who has written many wonderful peoms who is originally an American came to India and traveling from one city to another he gathered all important characteristics of the society by studying the major cities. His books on the observations of the major cities has been enormous and is very easy to comprehend. He studied major cities like Darjeeling, Bangalore, Chennai during his time period. His books delineates the behavior of the societies in different cities. This helps us to learn the different characteristics of other cities without having for we traveling for such a long distance.

In Indian History, the wall paintings in Ajanta Ellora caves have proved that the Japanese itinerant Hu Tsun visited all the major cities in India and has brought out a marvelous collection of the important characteristics during that period of time of the society. He mentions in one of his books "The Lime Light" where he mentions the behaviour of the city people and how benevolent they are. He has also received maby accolades for his wonderful collections.

The above two examples throw more light on the above statement "To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities" is correct.

Sentence: Ruskin Bond, famous poet who has written many wonderful peoms who is originally an American came to India and traveling from one city to another he gathered all important characteristics of the society by studying the major cities.
Description: The fragment wonderful peoms who is not usually followed by is
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace is with are

Error: peoms Suggestion: poems

Sentence: He has also received maby accolades for his wonderful collections.
Error: maby Suggestion: many