Essay topics: "Unfortunately, in contemporary society, creating an appealing image has become more important than the reality or truth behind that image."
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
In a society where communication through social media has become a valuable skill, it is not remarkable that social profiles get a high social status. The internet however, does not see faces, but only written text, that can be thought about for days. In this way images can be created that not necessarily represent the person behind the computerscreen typing it. Because likes and followers are immediatly linked to fame and money, creating an appealing image has become more important than the reality or truth behind that image.
The first thing companies do when they receive a job application is google that persons name, look at his/her facebook, twitter, instagram and other social profiles. This has become a routine that replaces the first impression one can make by entering the room for a job interview. The person about to hire you already knows more about you than you could possibly think. If you wear tattoos, piercings or long hair as a man, you wouldn't be the first one who didn't get hired because of superficial prejudices about these, before you even get the chance to show them your true self. Therefore it is important you keep a positive image about yourself on the internet.
This of course implies that one should take all social profiles with a grain of salt. But it gives people the opportunity again to show you what they really are made of when you meet them face to face. In the end, one cannot disguise him/herself from who he/she really is. Therefore the creation of appealing images might not be so bad after all. This way we will always start a conversation with a positive feeling about that person, allowing us to make our own judgement.
Despite this own judging, one should not forget that the human mind is easily fooled and that right now it has become more of a quest to create the most appealing image, only deteriorating the situation. People want to appear more and more appealing to outclass their relatives and friends. This sometimes results in Facebook-wars and cyber-bullying. The internet has become a world on its own, and people can be bullied in real life, but be almighty in their cyber-world. A healthy mix of both worlds would be best for all of us, but the real world is where the interactions will need to happen eventually.
In sum, we can say that to a certain extent, creating appealing images has its good points, since it gives strangers the benefit of the doubt when you meet them, allowing you to form your own judgement. However, this social hyping is taking immense proportions which creates new, more severe problems our society will have to face. Therefore one should read every social profile with a little doubt, postponing judgement untill a meeting with that person in real life happens. If you agree with this opinion, please "like" this message.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Cho0304||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 days ago||Av9ash||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||flowerft2007||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||naveenmacd||16||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||naveenmacd||62||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||zeroreh||62||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||iambier||50||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||YASH14||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? - A university education should be provided free of charge to all interested scholars. - Use examples and reasons to support your position. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? - It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. - Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (85)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? - "Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed." - Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. - "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in (80)
- "The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or dis (88.5)
- The following appeared as part of an article in a business magazine. - "A recent study rating 300 male and female advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the ex (85)
- "Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your pos (96.66670000000001)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station. - "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the c (90)
- "A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college." - Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the posi (86)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client. - "Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experi (75)