Universities should require student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

When it comes to education, there is a very famous saying “Known is a drop, unknown is an ocean”. More you read, more you come to know that more you have to know. Hence if a student chooses a field, they will have a lot to study about their field but still basic knowledge in other fields are expected and it is must for a student to excel. Thus universities should require and should stress the importance of reading other fields.

Even though universities stress the importance of having some basic knowledge about other fields, students do not show interest, as we all love to read the field in which they are interested. In order to avoid it, universities now have started making other subjects as part of their curriculum. Hence students have to read those subjects. For example consider Engineers in India, irrespective of whatever field they choose, they will have a common syllabus in their first year of engineering, Electronics students have to study basics of civil engineering, electrical engineering and so on. So when her starts studying about his field, he will have a basic knowledge of the other fields.

However, having knowledge at other fields helps them in many ways. For example, it is electronics engineer who designs microprocessor and writes code for it but when it is used in a computer rest of the code like Operating system will be developed by computer engineers. Electronics engineers can create the interface well, only if he has some basic knowledge about what the computer engineers will do. Not only in engineering, even in medicine students are allowed to do specialization only after they have completed their basics.

However, having basic knowledge in other fields are enough. If the universities require the students to read other fields in depth, then students cannot concentrate more on the chosen field. So universities should design the curriculum in such a way that, they make the students to study only the basics of other fields.

Summing it up, universities should make the students aware, the importance of knowing the basics of other fields in addition to adding it in their curriculum. Though students may not appreciate it, at present, they will definitely appreciate it in near future.

Sentence: For example consider Engineers in India, irrespective of whatever field they choose, they will have a common syllabus in their first year of engineering, Electronics students have to study basics of civil engineering, electrical engineering and so on.
Description: The fragment example consider Engineers is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace consider with verb, past tense

Sentence: However, having knowledge at other fields helps them in many ways.
Description: The fragment fields helps them is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace helps with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: If the universities require the students to read other fields in depth, then students cannot concentrate more on the chosen field.
Description: The fragment , then students is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace then with adjective

No. of Different Words: 169 200 (Expand your vocabulary words)
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.722 0.12 (Use less 'thus' or 'hence' or 'then')

Total: