Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for

Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition. Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

The harder you work the greater the success will be is a common saying and young people must follow this. As the statement states young people should be encouraged to obtain long term and realistic goals. Here the realistic goals mean the goals which are achievable by that person.

At present the world is so advanced in all the fields like medicine, science, arts, technology etc. The younger generation has many choices in which they could advance their career. While choosing a career they have to be farsighted in their thinking and know their potential if they can achieve that goal. Long term-goals require patience and perseverance which lead to achieving the goal. Setting these types of goals always lead to have stable future in which they are satisfied.

Long term-goals requires lot of time and energy to achieve it .Obviously, when lot of time is spent, they get the deeper knowledge of the subject and can solve any problem related to it. For example if a student aspires to get a doctorate at a particular subject he/she has to do long term research on the subject and make a theory in that subject and work on proving that with evidence, which requires lot of time and it is an expected goal to be reached by that student. The theory is proved the student not reaches his goal will also have fame following.

In contrast, smarter you work the faster the success with fame. It does not mean people with farsightedness are not smart. There is no substitute to hard work and short cut for success. There are many celebrity examples who earned fame and recognition early and not in limelight now. Once they reached their success they were self-satisfied and did not have future aspirations to achieve goal. After all, great inventions were made in this country with great aspirations and hard work.

It is important to encourage young people set long term goals and work hard to achieve towards that. Long-term, realistic goals make the young people have a stable and success in their life.