53. If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.

If we define a goal as “worthy”, the achievement of this goal may bring us something of great value. However, the means we used to attain this goal some times would also change the total value we get from this goal. Whether it is worthy to achieve this goal regardless of the means is decided by whether the total value of goals decreases after achievement.

At the first place, for the goals which are relevant to our future and the fate of human beings, they should be achieved no matter what means are used. For example, during the Second World War, America throwed two atomic bombs onto the land of Japan. Although it causes catastrophic outcomes, Japanese army surrendered quickly after that. It is worthy to achieve peace at the expense of sacrifice of some people. The total value of the achievement of this goal does not decrease because Japanese ceased to intrude other countries and kill more people.

However, not every worthy goal is worthy to being achieved regardless of what means are used. If the total value of the achievement decreases, which means the way to achieve this goal reduces its worth. If those means hampered the development of society, or deviate from the moral standard, they should be defined as unjustifiable. For example, even though cheating can bring students high scores, and the high scores are worthy and useful, the only justifiable way to achieve it is to be diligent. Furthermore, achieving a worthy goal regardless of the means could lead the society to a total mess. The poor people would rob banks to achieve the goal of being the rich. The policy officers could kill people arbitrarily to get the goal of maintaining the order. These behaviors and means, though seems worthy for some one, it hurt the normal life of others. The ways to a certain goal should be achieved under the moral standard. Immoral ways or means can only make the substance of goals unworthy.

Some people would like to judge the value of goals according to how much the profits this goal can bring about. Then, they may manage to achieve these goals without thinking whether the means are appropriate. However, they neglect that once they use unjustifiable means to make a profit, the value of their characteristics, as well as their inner value decreases. Their inner world is full of poverty, even if they may looks pretty rich. Thus, we cannot abandon our inner value no matter how much the value of the goal is.

In conclusion, the statement is unreasonable under certain circumstances. Only the means, which are obey moral requirements, can be judged as justifiable to achieve worthy goals. When we pursuing our dreams, we cannot neglect that maintaining the value of our inner world is also significant.

it hurt the normal life of others.
it hurts the normal life of others.

even if they may looks pretty rich.
even if they may look pretty rich.

which are obey moral requirements,
which obey moral requirements,

Sentence: For example, during the Second World War, America throwed two atomic bombs onto the land of Japan.
Error: throwed Suggestion: No alternate word

The contents of the third and fourth paragraph are relatively duplicated.