The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

The best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

We live in a society that have opposing beliefs. These beliefs are all learned from either the way we are raised or where we came from. It is not surprising then that arguments arise regarding different topics in our everyday lives. With the statement presented above, I do agree that the best test of an argument is the argument's ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint. We must keep in mind however, that although an argument is convincing, it does not necessarily mean it's right.

An argument arise from two opposing parties with both having a strong opinion about a topic. Each person involve thus have to present evidence that is strong enough to convince their belief is correct. It is up to the person presenting the argument to find supporting materials and arrange it in away that makes their argument valid and authentic. An example of such can be seen in our legal system regarding people committing crimes such as murder. As stated in our law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The defense team and the prosecutors then have to come up with evidence that supports their argument. The juror then have to be convinced to pick which side is telling the truth based on the evidence each side present regardless of which side is telling the truth. Based on the evidences provided by each side, the jurors' decision dictates weather justice will be served or weather the culprit will walk free. This outcome all depends on which argument was convincing to the juror.

Another example of how having a argument can have a great impact is in politics. Presidential candidates often convince voters by presenting ideas opposite of their fellow candidates. Some of these ideas are biased, racists and simply lies. However it's how the candidates present it. Candidates use tactics such as commercials to discredit their opponents. They also target issues that are sensitive to voters such as same-sex marriage, religion and abortion. Whether the their arguments are valid or not, they target sectors of voters that will vote for them and secure their election as president.

As I stated above, the best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with a different viewpoint. With this in mind, we must make it our responsibility to make the right decision and believe what is right no matter how great an argument is.

No. of Words: 399 350 //Better to have one more paragraph. For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.

---------------------