The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

Leadership is essential in every part of the life where people work together. In government also role of leadership is pivotal in ensuring development and welfare of nation and its people. Some people argue that government should encourage competition among young people to bolster their chances of becoming good leader in future. According to them, competition motivates people to work hard and perform better, hence enhancing one's leadership qualities. But, in my opinion best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation as it helps people in group to work together and achieve difficult goals with ease.

Primary reason for encouraging cooperation is that it enables people to work together in groups. In government there are people from different backgrounds, cultures, ideas and thinking; as a result, there are chances of heated debates and futile arguments which end up without any consensus. In addition, these arguments sometimes result in verbal brawls and loss of constructive time. This time can be used for planning and implementing productive activities for people and nation if there are no futile debates. For example, Indian Prime Minister Mr. Modi articulated and implemented the idea of cooperation among BJP's youth wing ABVP; which eventually taught BJP's young leaders the importance of working together and advantages of cooperation. The performance of these young leaders in their respective areas has been outstanding in the past few years, some of them even managed to win tickets in 2014 general elections. This has been only possible by the virtue of better leadership and ability of these leaders to work together. Hence, it is essential that young people are inculcated with the sense of cooperation to become able leaders.

Another Reason for encouraging cooperation is that simplifies the journey towards a difficult goal or task. If people are willing to cooperate they will understand the strengths and weaknesses of their fellow team members. Besides, they will help them in their respective endeavors especially in difficult times. This helps the entire group to work together towards a common goal even though respective task and goals are different for every person which eventually helps in timely achievement of that goal with proper effectiveness. For example, in Indian cricket team, a young player is mostly given the vice captaincy under the leadership of a skilled and experienced leader. In this way he gets involved in various task like planning team fielding positions, working on batting techniques of various batsman, helping coaches and fitness staff in their jobs, helping bowlers with their line and length of deliveries etc. At the same time, the entire also helps that young captain in his endeavor as a vice captain. That young leader recognizes the importance of cooperation and work together towards a common goal, which eventually helps the team when that young leader takes over the job of leadership ( captaincy) ; which helps the team to win and achieve its goal.

In conclusion, it is essential to instill a sense of cooperation among young people as it will make them realize the importance of working together and working towards a common goal, both of which are essential traits needed in a capable leader to lead any group, government or industry.

You don't just support one side. Need to talk about something for competition too.

You may go this link for new GRE issue patterns:
http://testbig.com/question/gre-issue-essay-questions-new-gre-issue-ess…