claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.

claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.
Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.

The statement asserts that a skeptical attitude should be taken toward any kind of information which is regarded as facts, because most of the facts will be proven false in the future. Skepticism makes us not to be gullible to everything we heard. However, being mistrustful toward every information makes us cynic and is not advisable.

To begin with, taking a skeptical attitude makes people grow from being naive and gullible to a logical character who cannot be misled. Otherwise, masses who passively accept the facts fed to them, re prone to be easily manipulated by the opportunistic currents. In Nazi Germany, German race was portrayed as the best of human races. Such a racist attitude was disseminated throughout the Nazi Germany, run the gamut from private places to public locations. If, back then, the German citizens had cast doubts on the racism slogans, fewer would have ever become the victims of such a blind racism. Since being doubtful of information we receive help us to focus on the truth behind the information, it is prudent to assume a skeptical attitude.

Besides political situations, in most venerated parts of the sciences, still the merits of questioning even the axiomatic principles have been proved. Rather than being blindly loyal to the same frameworks of the past scientists, questioning the established facts has made sciences to leap forward. Consider physics. For centuries the classic principles of physics were taken for granted as the perfect laws explaining all happening in the universe. Only by daring to question the established Newtonian laws did the Einstein conceived a better theory of curvature of time-space dimensions.

However, as far as reason is concerned, recognizing all facts as a potential untrue information, and waiting to be disproved, has serious social drawbacks. When information complies with our logic, it is not necessarily needed to mistrust it. Otherwise, with being unduly suspicious toward every information we receive, we develop a cynical character. Such characteristic cannot make a social relationship based on mutual trust because there are always doubts. Therefore, while we should not passively accept information as a true, we need not to be overly mistrustful toward all information which is logical.

In short, as discussed, questioning the information which is regarded as facts, is so advisable. However, to make it an overarching rule to approach every information with it, can have grave impacts on our social life. Therefore, we should strike a balance neither to become naive nor to become cynic.

We have doubts for the examples in the second paragraph.

This is the outline suggested:

A. It is true that what people assume to be factual may turn out to be inaccurate.

B. The process of arriving at truth is a gradual one; therefore, proving the
inaccuracy of facts is not a disaster but a progress.

C. The right attitude towards facts is to accept them and at the same time remain
alert to their fallibility.