Claim: Even though young people often receive the advice to “follow your dreams,” more emphasis should be placed on picking worthy goals. Reason: Many people’s dreams are inherently selfish.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you a

Claim: Even though young people often receive the advice to “follow your dreams,” more emphasis should be placed on picking worthy goals. Reason: Many people’s dreams are inherently selfish.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim AND the reason on which that claim is based.

The species "homo sapiens" are social beings. According to Hinduism we have been sent to earth to serve the society of which we are a part. Contrary to this it even mentions that even before birth we have been already assigned a work which we are ought to finish in our life time. So collectivism and individualism are both two facets of the same individual. In this competitive world everyone considers himself to be an intelligent being and aspires very high in life. Status and Money are two things which are being considered as the fundamental key to success. One who has tasted one of these is the most honored person in the world. According to me people should obviously follow their dreams but not to the extent they are malevolent.

A child is born and brought by his parents since the day he comes out of the fertile womb. He is coddled with all the lovely teddy bears surrounding him from childhood to taking care of his health when he is sick to sleeping beside the child prudently and kissing on his cheeks gingerly to running to every place to get a child get a proper education. So it is our prime onus to take care of them when they re senile rather than leave them on the helpless and unable to maneuver of their own. With the growing multinational companies and many students going abroad for studies there is no one to take care of them when they are paralyzed.

Before picking up the goals and following it one needs to be circumspect about the financial condition of the family as well. Although everyone wants to rise up in the ladder of success it would be unwise to leave a family in penury to get educated in a well known college where there is another sibling of his which he needs to take care of.

With the changing work culture and the large amount of money poured in Multinational companies the employees are paid highly but they do not have enough time of their own. Small things make a man happy, not something that is colossal and out of the world. So the foremost thing that one should aspire for is happiness and peace which comes from altruism. Altruism is one of the most formidable powers of the energy we are born with, that is why Mother Teresa is made more homage then Bill gates.

Mother Teresa is made more homage then Bill gates.
Mother Teresa is made more homage than Bill gates.