Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The writer of the issue claims that administrations must supply adequate financial support for their main cities in order to thrive. The author further reasons that traditional cultures are mainly kept and produced in cities. In what follows, I will first discuss my response to the claim and then explain what I think of the reason on which the claim is based.

To begin with, I fundamentally agree with the proposition that governments have to give enough financial support to their major cities. The primary reason why I agree with the proposition is that a considerable part of a country's population live in major cities; therefore, the states can ease a great number of people's life by providing financial support for these kind of cities. It helps to think of making a perfect public transportation. Such a system needs a lot of money for establishing and maintenance. If the government support it financially, it can facilitate the movement of people in these cities cheaply.

In addition, if the governments do not favor the main cities financially, the population of these cities have to pay more taxes; therefore, many of them would immigrate to the suburbs. In this situation, the suburbs will grow after some years and the governments have to build new infrastructures; hence; the governments have to spend more money in this situation.

Nevertheless, as far as the reason is concerned I do not agree with the author to some extent because from my point of view people of major cities have the more modern life than villages' population; therefore, cultural tradition would be saved and generated by people who live in villages.

To sum up, the governments can increase the people's satisfaction by support main cities financially and it helps them to decrease their costs too. Besides, a nation's cultural traditions are used more by people who lives in villages and small cities and it is difficult to preserve them in major cities.

If the government support it financially,
If the government supports it financially,

if the governments do not favor the main cities
if the governments does not favor the main cities

The essay is not exactly right on the topic.

Need to discuss whether it is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated; the support is not for other purposes like public transportation.