Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study. Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.

Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.
Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.

Based on the reason that acquiring the knowledge of various courses is the best way of education, the statement above claims that universities should require students to take different non-core courses.

To begin with, it is advisable to incorporate non-core subjects in the curricula of the students, since different courses helps one to develop a thorough characteristic. Educated members of societies, must possess at least a minimum knowledge from several fields. It would be embarrassing for a doctor, for instance, when the doctor does not have a common knowledge which others possess. Furthermore, courses outside the major field can come in handy for the main study. There is not any absolute red line dividing fields from each other. Consider when Steve Jobs was attending the calligraphy classes, he was complaining about the lack of usefulness of such classes as he was a computer programmer. Later he used the art to make the first generation of computers compatible with having different fonts. Hence Study of different disciplines, equips us with enough knowledge to have a comprehensive education.

However, as far as reason is concerned, a true education is not acquiring the knowledge as far as it is acquiring the ability to make use of the knowledge. Students need to be able to use what learned, in practice. This happens when students are required to do something with their knowledge; make a structure, write a scientific issue, conceive something, solve a problem, and so on. Otherwise the outcome of the education will be no more than the pedantic individuals who just passed the exams. Furthermore, the excess of non-core courses can dilute the concentration of the students on the main field, and thus, there are draw backs with them. By burdening the student with more courses the share of their concentration on the main courses would decrease, and thus, it is not advisable.

Finally, in order to reach a true education, I think we should observe all concerns retrospectively mentioned; more than we should require students to pass courses outside their main field, we should focus more on enabling students to make use of such teachings. Also, in order not to weaken the concentration of the students on the main courses, we can put the variety of courses in the lower degrees, and as the level of the education goes higher _ in master and P.H.D_ we narrow down the non-core courses as not to distract one from a major field.

In sum, as discussed, we should strike a balance in the education of the students and not merely focus on the extent to which the students learn different materials. We need to concern for the impact of such education on the students and also care not to distract the students from their main courses by inundating them with non-core courses.

since different courses helps one to develop
since different courses help one to develop

There is not any absolute red line dividing fields from each other.
There is no any absolute red line dividing fields from each other.

This may be better for the fourth paragraph:

Unduly emphasize the importance of studying the course outsider may lead the students neglecting the knowledge of certain fields of study, and thereby have no capability to engage any realm of employment or research work. On the other hand, compel student to place most of the attentions on the professional fields also may fall into another extreme and eventually make the students impossible to catch up with the development of the science and technology.