Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers

The purpose of an educational institution is to impart knowledge upon its students and guide them in accordance with their fields of interests, not to urge them to pursue fields of study, solely for the purpose of obtaining a more rewarding job. Thus the statement is a fallacious one and does not merit any support.

Our system of imparting education suffers from a number of major flaws, one of them being that it discourages students from pursuing their true interests and desires but, rather forces them to choose subjects which reserves more promising career prospects. As a result, the inherent curiosities, specific to and different in every individual are completely destroyed, and as such they are unable to extract any sense of enjoyment out of their work, being forced to perform actions not falling under their domain of interest.

Such an ill-developed system of education demarcates professions based on their monetary values, but does not consider the individual inclinations one might possess towards a specific subject. Consider, for example, a student blessed with meritorious painting skills. He may desire to pursue a course in fine arts but his parents and teachers will undoubtedly discourage him, and instead force him to take up engineering or medical sciences, simply because they offer a better career scope. But the student himself will not have any inclinations in these fields, leading him to become distracted from his studies and ultimately failing to substantiate a fruitful career. For some such forced acclimation is deleterious for it takes away any sense of enjoyment from studies, and transform it to a rather tedious affair. For others the results may have further detrimental effects, since such career- orientated studies tend to transform them into unconscionable, rapacious beings, filled with an excessive thirst for wealth and riches.

Educational institutions should change this widely prevalent attitude of prioritizing career-oriented studies and instead focus on determining the specific inclinations of its pupils and encourage them to take up subjects which complement his field of interest. It may not ensure a more promising career for the students, but they will undoubtedly take a genuine interest in their studies, which in itself is rewarding.

It can be thus concluded that although the current education system harnesses a tendentious attitude by encouraging pupils towards fields of studies which possess better career prospects, it is not commendable, as it is ultimately harmful for the students themselves. Instead, educational institutions should actively encourage pupils to pursue those subjects, which interest them, since it ensures that they do not become apathetical to their studies and are able to retain their sense of morality.

to choose subjects which reserves more promising career prospects.
to choose subjects which reserve more promising career prospects.

Sentence: Instead, educational institutions should actively encourage pupils to pursue those subjects, which interest them, since it ensures that they do not become apathetical to their studies and are able to retain their sense of morality.
Error: apathetical Suggestion: No alternate word