The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Remember that era where all were ruled by the so called supreme power, the Britishers. Obviously that has changed now – there is not even a hint of it left today. The leaders who rule a country have changed, the rules of how a country is managed have changed. I support the claim that the effectiveness of a country’s leaders can be judged by the well being of the citizens. Well, as the adage goes – the good and the bad are the two sides of the same coin. Hence, I will try and put forth my suggestions and explanations as cogently as possible.

It is well known for a fact that a country’s economic and cultural fronts are the mere reflections of its citizens – how they live, in what conditions they survive and how much role do they play in forming that nation as one and these factors are the result of how effectively and efficiently our leaders work. The countries became democratic, liberal and secular after being ruled by autonomous governments and rulers for so long. This change was brought by us for our own well being. Every five years elections are held for the people to choose a leader – a leader who can take care of their needs, who can act as a benefactor of the society. If the citizens are happy, the leaders are doing their work effectively.

Taking an example of Syria Civil War, we can all see, though cannot empathize with the plight of the people living there. The war began due to the public opposition to the autonomous government which was ruling them for so long. It worked for its own advantage and misappropriated the money of the people for their own luxuries and affluence. The citizens there have been through so much that now they have begun to retaliate, to fight for their rights.

As for another example, we can take the case of US government – of the people, for the people and by the people. It is an active example of how brilliantly the well being of its citizens can be attributed to the effectiveness of its leader. It is first in the military front, space missions, technology, comforts, even environmental protection. The citizens are fully satisfied with the government and live in harmony. That shows the efficiency of the leaders.

Though, as for the still developing countries, the plight of the citizens can be mistaken for leaders who are vicious and greedy. But this is not always true. The penury and destitution always go away gradually and based on that - one cannot decide how hard a leader is working. As for the other case, under the pressure of government officials, people can fake when asked about their conditions.

Hence, not always, but most of the times, the effectiveness of the leader can be measured by the well being of its citizens. So, the happier the citizens , the happier is the nation and it obviously will reflect the effectiveness of its leaders.