Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.

Education, the process of receiving or giving systematic instructions especially at schools or universities; also defined as enlightening experience. If I go with the literal definition of education, it has no boundaries and limitations. Formal education may circumscribe our thinking and may not lead to all round development. When I think of Steve Jobs, Sachin Tendulkar my opinion gets inclined against formal eduction but at the same time personalities like Isaac Newton, Bill Gates make me think neutral.

Steve Jobs never completed his high school but with his vision and skills, he revolutionize the computer and mobile technology. What Steve Jobs gave to this world can be seen in everyone's hand. I can't imagine mobile without Apple developing iPhone. Had Steve Jobs attended the school and college and passed out as on ordinary graduate instead of pursuing his vision we would have been decade behind in term of mobile development. Sachin Tendulkar, a cricket legend, couldn't complete his high school as he had to represent India vs Pakistan. Rest is history, he shattered all cricket records, 90% of batting records are on his names. Had he persuaded his high school, world would have missed most expansive batsmen.

In country like India, Sex education has been never considered as a part of formal education. Student's are masters in Mathematics, Science, English but lack social awareness about Sex which is important especially when we are yet to find antidote on HIV AIDS. People still thinks HIV AIDS is contagious and can spread by touching or kissing. Education needs to be more informal and open to help individual grow and have broad perspective. Educations in India is extremely formal. Teachers are cautious and hesitant in using word Sex in front of students. This questions purpose of formal education; is it limited to only books and gradings?

But saying this, basic formal education is must for every individual. Its is important to learn fundamentals of life and make ourselves well suited for this society. Also formal education help us to grow as an individual.

I would conclude saying formal eduction can be considered as a starting point for everyone but should not circumscribe vision, freedom and dreams. It is necessary to stimulate students vision else we will not see Steve Jobs and Sachin Tendulkar in future.

he revolutionize the computer and mobile technology
he revolutionized the computer and mobile technology

Also formal education help us to grow as an individual.
Also formal education helps us to grow as an individual.