Governments should not fund any scientific research whose consequences are unclear.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing

Governments should not fund any scientific research whose consequences are unclear.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

It is proposed that governments should only provide funds for those scientific researches that their outcomes are obvious. Although it might seem more economic to preserve the budget to predetermined researches, I don’t agree with the assertion for several reasons that will be delineated in the following paragraphs.

Science history reveals numerous examples of accidental breakthroughs during the procedure of the researches. So many discoveries occurred unexpectedly while the scholars were working on something else. For example, the discovery of penicillin was not clear or programmed in the first place and Fleming observed it haphazardly. Therefore, the officials should not consider only the consequence of a research because it is the nature of research that during it’s procedure lots of unknown facts will be discovered.

Secondly, if the authorities become too strict about the result of a scientific work, especially for the donation of fund, it might wane the impartiality of the scientists and make them biased during the execution of the research. Otherwise, the officials should only care about the authenticity of a research and embrace any outcome it reveals, this attitude will preserve the objectivity of the scientists during performing the research which is critical for the sake of science.

Moreover, being fussy about the outcome of the researches and alluding budges to limited subject matters that are more straightforward will reduce the creativity and bound the scientists. By depicting to the developed countries that contribute great amount of budgets to the universities and professors to enroll various researches on various topics, one can recognize that lots of inventions and discoveries occur due to the accessibility of resources and funds apart from the result of researches.

However, those who agree with this issue might be concerned about the scarce of governmental budget. Limiting financial support to those researches that their consequences are more clear might prevent extravagant useless projects; therefore, attribute the scarce money to those who will really benefit from it and their work will bring about significant outcomes.

To sum up, I do not agree with this assertion because of the above mentioned reasons and I think that the government should support all kind of the researches.